Work Visa

There is a broad range of visa options for Professopnals and other Skilled Migrants who are willing to work in
Whether you are looking for temporary or permanent employment (including Sponsorship) in Australia this is
your section.

Permanent Sponsored (186)

The ENS visa is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa program and is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa application involves a two-step process, firstly a nomination by an approved Australian employer and then a visa application.

Am I eligible for this visa? Please click to check Start Visa Check


This visa has three (3) streams:

1. Temporary Residence Transition Stream - this is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years as a holder of a 457 visa in their nominated occupation with their Approved Standard Business Sponsor.

2. Direct Entry Stream – for applicants who have not held a subclass 457 visa with the same employer for the last two years or for those who are applying directly in or from outside Australia

3. Agreement Stream –for applicants who were sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.

How it works

Are you eligible for this visa?

You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • are under the age of 50 when you apply for this visa (unless an exemption applies);
  • have the required skills and qualifications for the nominated position;
  • have the required English language skills;
  • meet health and character requirements;
  • meet specific requirements for the stream which you apply.

Further requirements you need to satisfy under the relevant stream: 

  • Temporary Residence Transition – you are required to have worked for two (2) years with your nominating employer while you held your 457 visa;
  • Direct Entry Stream – you are required to have a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation;
  • Agreement Stream – as required by the Labour Agreement training requirements.

You can include the following people in your visa application:

  • your spouse or de facto partner;
  • your or your partner’s dependent children;
  • other dependent relatives.

Requirements for Employers - Nomination

To participate in the Employer Nomination Scheme, a nominating employer needs to show that:

  • it is lawfully operating a business in Australia;
  • it has a genuine need for a paid employee in the nominated position;
  • it offers a permanent, full time position which is available for two (2) years
  • it will pay a salary to the nominee which meets the market rate;
  • it provides working conditions that are no less favourable than provided for under the relevant Australian legislation and awards;
  • it meets the training benchmark requirements applicable to the relevant Stream;
  • it nominates an occupation/position from the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) (it must be the same position as nominated in the 457 visa application under the Temporary Transition Stream);

Open Migration can advise you about your eligibility and provide you with assistance in obtaining a186 visa. For more information about this visa and how you can start the application process contact us by phone or email to arrange a free consultation.


For more information about your visa options:

Quick Enquiry
Free Visa Check
Are you eligible to the visa you are planning to apply for? Try our free instant visa check to find out your result
Ask the Agent
You might have a lot of questions about migration law, process, job-searching, living costs, education, etc. You will find most answers here. If you don`t you can ask your own question from our agents.
How long does it take to get a visa to Australia?

The processing time varies depending on the type of visa you apply for, for instance student visa applications are usually finalised within 1-3 months, partner visas within 12-15 months, permanent employer sponsored visas within 6-8 months from the date of lodgment. Have a look at the service standards of the Department for more information HERE

Migration to Australia / Visa to Australia / 457 visa / Skilled visa / RSMS visa / State sponsorship / Student visa - Open Migration

array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer
/home/openmigr/public_html/lib/multilang.php ( 231 )