Other Visa Options

Refugee Visa (200)

‚ÄčThe Refugee visa (subclass 200) is for you if you are outside Australia, are living outside your home country and are persecuted in your home country.

To be considered for resettlement in Australia under this visa, you would usually need to be referred by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to the Australian Government.

The Refugee visa (subclass 200) is a permanent visa.


This visa allows you to:

  • stay indefinitely in Australia
  • propose or sponsor family members for permanent residence.
Am I eligible for this visa? Please click to check Start Visa Check

How it works

You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • are outside Australia
  • are living outside your home country
  • are subject to persecution in your home country


For more information about your visa options:

Quick Enquiry
Free Visa Check
Are you eligible to the visa you are planning to apply for? Try our free instant visa check to find out your result
Ask the Agent
You might have a lot of questions about migration law, process, job-searching, living costs, education, etc. You will find most answers here. If you don`t you can ask your own question from our agents.
How long does it take to get a visa to Australia?

The processing time varies depending on the type of visa you apply for, for instance student visa applications are usually finalised within 1-3 months, partner visas within 12-15 months, permanent employer sponsored visas within 6-8 months from the date of lodgment. Have a look at the service standards of the Department for more information HERE

Migration to Australia / Visa to Australia / 457 visa / Skilled visa / RSMS visa / State sponsorship / Student visa - Open Migration

array_key_exists(): The first argument should be either a string or an integer
/home/openmigr/public_html/lib/multilang.php ( 231 )